Feliz Cinco de Mayo!
In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, Jamie has shared his chicken enchiladas recipe--if you're still making plans for tonight's dinner, come grab fresh chicken breasts from Stachowski's and get cooking.
Jamie's Chicken Enchilada Casserole
2-3 dried ancho chili peppers
2 tsp cumin
2 c. chicken broth
Garlic, thinly sliced
3 large chicken breasts, shredded
Flour or corn tortillas
Monterey jack, cheddar, or queso blanco cheese
1) Simmer chili peppers in chicken broth with cumin and garlic
2) When chili and garlic are soft, puree mixture in blender. Return to pan, add shredded chicken and simmer another 20-30 minutes, until liquid has mostly evaporated.
3) Spread a thin layer of enchilada sauce over bottom of pan and arrange a layer of tortillas
4) Sprinkle a layer of chicken, a layer of cheese, and pour a bit of enchilada sauce over.
5) Repeat layering until pan is full, end with a layer of cheese
6) Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until top layer is crispy
7) Serve with sour cream, salsa, and guacamole