Doc's Rainy Day Chili
- 1 lb. Stachowski's ground chuck
- 1/2 lb medium dice Stachowski's pork loin
- 3 Stachowski's hot Italian sausages, decased and crumbled
- 1 large onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 28 oz. cans diced tomatoes (or crushed tomatoes if you like a smoother chili)
- 1 bottle of your favorite beer
- 1 tbsp. Cumin
- 2 tbsp. Chili pepper (adjust to your preferred level of spicy)
- 2 12 oz. cans black beans
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Optional: sour cream, shredded cheese, tortilla chips, green onion
1. In a large saucepan, brown the ground beef, pork loin, and Italian sausages. With a slotted spoon, remove the meat from the pan and put aside.
2. In the remaining meat juices, sweat the diced onion and the garlic until onion is translucent.
3. Add the 3 cans of diced tomatoes, along with the beer.
4. Season with the cumin and the chili pepper.
5. Simmer on low for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, covered.
6. In the last five minutes of cooking, add the black beans.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with your favorite chili toppings and enjoy!